Thursday, May 05, 2005

Fotball!

No! I didn't misspell it! :-) That's how you spell football in Norwegian, known to us Americans as soccer. On Sunday I had the privilege of attending my first Norwegian fotball game! Actually, now that I think about it, it might have been the first soccer game I've ever been to... Well, fotball is HUGE here, as I suppose it is in most of the world. This particular game was a big one, because it was the Kristiansand team (the Start) versus the team from Gunna's hometown, Stavangar (the Vikings). So Gunna was very excited about it, and we met some of her friends at the game. Some people even came all the way from Oslo for it! It was a fun experience, but unfortunately, the Vikings lost. The score was 2-2 through most of the second half, and then in the last 7 minutes of the game, Start scored 3 goals. It was very depressing, particularly for Gunna, who had to come back to the base to lots of Start fans rubbing in the Viking defeat. She's gotten over it by now :-). Enjoy the pictures!

No comments: