Thursday, September 15, 2005

Arrival in Philly...

Hello! Here is the first post of my Peace Corps adventure :-) I flew out of Fresno yesterday (my birthday) at 7pm, amidst many tears. I still don't think I can comprehend how long it will be until I see my friends and family again... I spent the majority of my flight to San Francisco in bouts of tears. But then I arrived in Philadelphia about 5:45am, got to my hotel room around 8:30, and got a few hours of sleep before starting "Staging" (orientation) at 1pm. Today has been a good day. There are 66 of us heading out to the Kyrgyz Republic on Friday--a larger group than I expected. It feels like I'm meeting about a million people, but everyone seems really nice and excited to be here. It's hard to imagine who among this large group will end up being a good friend...

I think it has helped the anxiety just to get started and to meet everyone. A few less unknowns :-) One piece of good news, for those of you who have joined me in praying for someone to pray with: I met a Christian couple today and we discussed praying together periodically throughout training at least. I don't know them very well at all, but this is a huge encouragement, and gives me faith that God will continue to answer my (and your) prayers.

Ok, I think I'm kind of tired, so I'm going to sign off for now. Just wanted to post a note now while I can. I have a wireless connection here at the hotel; not sure how things will be once we arrive in KR. Love and miss you all! Please keep in touch!

No comments: