Thursday, January 08, 2009

2008...


...The Year of the 'New' Lisa.  It's been a crazy ride!  Back from Kyrgyzstan, it was a year of adjustment, exploration, venturing into new horizons, making mistakes, learning about myself, being stretched, and growth.  For better and for worse--and in no particular order--the things I will think of when I remember 2008:
  • Laughing so hard I almost wet my pants, numerous times
  • No guilt
  • Rejecting duty and 'shoulds'
  • Consequently, a notable lack of discipline
  • Directing Buchanan Campus Life AGAIN!  Didn't see that one coming!
  • Not attending and radically rethinking church
  • Being real, releasing control, not being responsible for others' decisions and responses
  • Trips with Derek & Becky
  • Fun times with Suzanne & Matt
  • Making my peace with The Well
  • Gloria... in March (Bethel Saloon), June (White Trash), and September (Adams Morgan Night Crawl)
  • Campus Life Curriculum: 40 hours a week, for 5 weeks
  • The Inner Circle: What in the world would I do without them?
  • Kristen is pregnant and has Evie!
  • Andi
  • Substitute Teaching
  • Gin & Tonic, Kamizakes, Tequila!
  • Fibbers
  • Gay Clubs
  • Sweet potatoes and long conversations with BK
  • Karaoke
  • The last Going-Away party... leaving Fresno for real
  • Counseling
  • Starting Grad School
  • Discovering Interactive Conflict Resolution
  • Saturation
  • Miami
  • Purple Saturn
  • "F**k you, cathedral-goer!" -Crazy Aunt Clare
  • The Half-Assed Half Birthday Party
  • Book Study that turned into Saturdays with Jason
  • Moving Derek... Becky and I single-handedly moving the couch down the stairs... Miscellaneous Junk... Christmas Trees... Attics
  • Dancing!
  • Rachelle, Cassy, Whittney, Billy, Robin
  • Dropping the ball on long-distance friendships
  • Sitting with Josh
  • Barack Obama!
  • Drama, and then some more drama
  • Communicating... and communicating... and communicating
  • Pacific Northwest Road Trip with Steve & Eric
  • Becoming a nanny
  • Inconsistent time spent with God/Re-learning how to spend time with God/Experiencing God in new ways
  • PB&J
  • Freedom
  • AIM and Facebook (hours and hours and hours...)
  • Love
And now I look forward to a 2009 of following, centering, listening, health, and wholeness. God bless us all on our journeys!

2 comments:

Derek said...

I love love LOVE this post. I mean I love you more than the post, however I smiled while I read the whole thing. What is funny is that there was nothing there that I didn't know about...I guess we are meant to be friends. Thanks for not kicking me to the curb in '09. I am so grateful to be part of your life. I think I shall do a 2008 re-cap because this really encouraged me to think through what all happened this year. Love you pb! (And I just ate pb toast while I read the blog!)

BK said...

I agree with Derek. This was wonderful. Lots of memories and lots of things to think about! Thanks for sharing and reminding me of the fact that we're all on a journey...and what a journey this past year has been for you!

Love you so much.