Saturday, July 04, 2009

My Answer: Yes!


This last year when I was in school, I can't tell you how many times I turned down invitations to do things.  Often it was the nanny schedule, which usurped all my evenings, including Fridays. Just as often, if not more, it was the demands of schoolwork.  I don't have any regrets, but the simple fact is that 'No' was my answer to almost everything!

Well, now that it's summer, I get to say 'Yes'!  I'm still working full time, but evenings, weekends--it's all up for grabs!  And I have been taking advantage of it.  I get to be so much less discriminating about which activities I will choose to attend, since I have so much more time to do it all!  And I feel like I've done all sorts of random things in the last couple months: 

There was the Asian Street Festival, where I had a snow cone for the first time in years,
Contra dancing, about which you have read,
Cheese, appetizers & drinks sleepover at Jess & Joe's apartment in Vienna when Will was in town,
A visit to NYC for the weekend to visit my friend Darcy, who is interning there for the summer, and I also got to see my Peace Corps friends Chris & Jesika, who live there,
Last weekend my roommate had an extra ticket to a Baltimore Symphony performance of Final Fantasy music, so I went with her to that,
And tonight I'm going with some friends from work to my first Washington Nationals baseball game (they are playing the Braves and I'm so torn about whom to root for!)

Not to mention the happy hours, meals with old friends swinging through town, birthday parties, and dancing.  I love that when I get invited to do things, I get to accept!  And I love being able to take advantage of all the fun stuff DC has to offer.  Here's to summer, free time, and saying Yes!

With Jess & Carli at the cheese & appetizer extravaganza


With Jesika & Chris in New York


With Darcy in Times Square


2/5 of the World Vision Peacebuilding Team
Krystal & I at the Nats game

No comments: