Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Statistics

After 17 months in Kyrgyzstan, I thought it was time to crunch some numbers, so here are some fun facts for ya…

Total Number of Days in Kyrgyzstan 501*
Bottles of Shampoo Used 2
Bottles of Body Wash Used 2
Longest No-Bathing Streak (in days) 24
Months Since I’ve Done Laundry 6**
Times I’ve Thrown Up in an Outhouse 3
Times I’ve Fainted in the Street 1
Dead Mice I’ve Found in my Room 2
Emails From Mom 52
Phone Calls From Kristen 50+/-***
Burger King Whoppers Consumed 1
Feet of Subway Sandwiches Consumed 1
Bottles of Dr. Pepper Consumed 1
Number of Sheep Consumed 123****
Journals Filled 4 ½
Times I’ve Been Asked Why I’m Not Married 1,002****
Times I’ve Been Asked If I’ll Marry a Kyrgyz Boy 974****
Times I’ve Been Offered a Son to Marry 937****


*This number does not include time spent in Norway.
**This does not include underwear, which I promise I do wash regularly! It also doesn’t include the laundry I did in Norway by machine, and the occasional item I wash in the banya.
***More or less every Wednesday since last January
****Rough estimates :-).

1 comment:

Jessica said...

:-) I love these! Thanks - you've made me laugh! It proves the "adventure" part of your title!